Thursday, November 20, 2014

Eddie Vedder

I would like to focus on bettering myself at recreating portraits this year. For me, if someone can easily identify who you are drawing, then I believe the portrait is a success. My last piece was very dark and was lacking of a light source, so there was little emphasis on his eyes. The reference photo I used forthis piece had very prominent eyes, which I wanted to focus on this time. Getting the proportioning accurate for this piece was very difficult because the model was looking head on, so symmetry was key. I decided to use the conventional method in proportioning his face which I think worked very well. The dark hair on a black background also proved to be a challenge, so it also gave me an opportunity to expirement with highlights and lighter hues. I am very satisfied with the results of this piece, as of now it is my favorite piece this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment