Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Peas in a pod

This piece was made for a good friend of mine who wanted to incorporate her friendship with her close friend with the use of a metaphor. She came up with the idea of interpreting her and her friend as two peas in a pod and wanted no one but me to draw it for her. I thought of capturing their uniquely similar personalities by using similar exaggerated facial expressions, and using their eye colors to identify each other. It was meet meant to be a photo realistic piece, but rather a simple cartoon/charicature representing them. Overall I am very pleased with how the piece came out. I wasn't trying to experiment with any new techniques, just simply warming up to drawig again after a 3 month break. Sh was extremely satisfied with the piece herself, so much so that she plans on getting it tattooed on her. That alone makes it all worth it to me in the end, that someone loves what I do so much that they'll permenate put it on their body, so I'd say I did a good job with this piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment